Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=13&Itemid=3"]Golf fitness and performance through body physical improvement[/url] Group Forum: I'll try to posts as many topics about golf fitness and health as I can.

If any specific demands or request, please ask away.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kettlebell workout for golf?

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22737

• Jennifer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Cottage cheese is one of THE best proteins to have right before sleep. Your body regenerates during the night and this helps with the process. You are spot on with your explanation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22738

• Jennifer
  • Fresh Boarder
Its really a matter of personal preference and how intensely you are workng out. My personal recommendation to my athletes and clients is when they have lifted, to have a snack around 8 or so ONLY if they are hungry. Options for night snacks inclue cottage cheese with some walnuts, protein powder mixed with Mila and water. Cottage cheese sprinkled with Mila. Nut butter and celery. These choices are based on how they digest. Some people do not do well with eating at night. It disrupts sleep. A person or athlete that has been working out will find they NEED something at night. Their metabolism is burning at a faster rate, thus the intake of food stokes their coals, so to say which actually enables them to BURN fat while they sleep when they consume a nightly adequate snack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phily

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22740

• Jennifer
  • Fresh Boarder
Im not a huge advocate of the whole "best exercises for golf" mentality. Elk and I have had many discussions on this one and we are completely on the same page.A strong lower body is so much more beneficial to your swing. But for those of you who think the core is your answer, lets discuss THE CORE -
The abdominals, low-back, glutes, & hips are known as “ The Core”,.

35 muscles attach directly to the hip and assist with posture and generate force for movement, balance, & stability.
Core-Training should NOT be confused with abdominal-training.

Do NOT confuse crunches & sit ups, which isolate abdominal muscles, with core-stabilization exercises.

Medicine-Ball (MB) & Tubing / Cable are most effective tools for developing core-power.
If you want to get strong for golf, A full body work out is the most benefical. With a strong LOWER body. Legs. Look at any of your long drive guys. Strong LOWER body.
A note on the plank. Excellent exercise that probably 99% of you are doing wrong. The correct way to do it, is get in postion, laying on forearms. Eyes over fists. Then left your pelvis up just slightly, tighten your glutes (pretend you have a penny between your butt cheeks and squeeze as HARD as you can and THEN drawn your belly button in, at the SAME TIME. HOLD!!
Just sitting there, balancing on your fore arms becomes useless. Try this and report back if your entire world has not changed/
The following user(s) said Thank You: phily

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22770

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
wait I lost the penny ...

I've been doing planks all wrong (or maybe even a different exercise!).
He showed me the version where you rest on one elbow and lower one side of your pelvis to the floor, raise it back up and hold it for a moment.

Going to try your version - I like the old school abdominal 'vacuum's' added to it too - thanks.

btw - believe me, if we didn't know before, most of us have have learned the hard way (before we learned proper form) what our cores are. many trips to the chiropractor have taught us how those stabilizing muscles connect to the lower back. ;)

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22801

• Bill B
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Jennifer wrote:
Im not a huge advocate of the whole "best exercises for golf" mentality. Elk and I have had many discussions on this one and we are completely on the same page.A strong lower body is so much more beneficial to your swing. But for those of you who think the core is your answer, lets discuss THE CORE -
The abdominals, low-back, glutes, & hips are known as “ The Core”,.

35 muscles attach directly to the hip and assist with posture and generate force for movement, balance, & stability.
Core-Training should NOT be confused with abdominal-training.

Do NOT confuse crunches & sit ups, which isolate abdominal muscles, with core-stabilization exercises.

Medicine-Ball (MB) & Tubing / Cable are most effective tools for developing core-power.
If you want to get strong for golf, A full body work out is the most benefical. With a strong LOWER body. Legs. Look at any of your long drive guys. Strong LOWER body.
A note on the plank. Excellent exercise that probably 99% of you are doing wrong. The correct way to do it, is get in postion, laying on forearms. Eyes over fists. Then left your pelvis up just slightly, tighten your glutes (pretend you have a penny between your butt cheeks and squeeze as HARD as you can and THEN drawn your belly button in, at the SAME TIME. HOLD!!
Just sitting there, balancing on your fore arms becomes useless. Try this and report back if your entire world has not changed/

*#*$@*

Thanks Jennifer so thats what Core muscles are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22802

• Bill B
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Jennifer wrote:
Its really a matter of personal preference and how intensely you are workng out. My personal recommendation to my athletes and clients is when they have lifted, to have a snack around 8 or so ONLY if they are hungry. Options for night snacks inclue cottage cheese with some walnuts, protein powder mixed with Mila and water. Cottage cheese sprinkled with Mila. Nut butter and celery. These choices are based on how they digest. Some people do not do well with eating at night. It disrupts sleep. A person or athlete that has been working out will find they NEED something at night. Their metabolism is burning at a faster rate, thus the intake of food stokes their coals, so to say which actually enables them to BURN fat while they sleep when they consume a nightly adequate snack.

Great suggestion but here is my meal of choice

www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=video%20...n1ZjFjD0V25YNbc4wV_w

Re:Kettlebell workout for golf? 2 years 3 months ago #22804

• Jennifer
  • Fresh Boarder
I haven't seen that in years...good one

Re: Kettlebell workout for golf? 1 year 9 months ago #34720

It sounds like everyone is interested in a golf specific Kettlebell workout.

Would anyone be interested in beta testing one if I create it?

Re: Kettlebell workout for golf? 1 year 9 months ago #34758

• Karl Myers
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Count me in. I have several kettlebells and would welcome the opportunity to use them for golf-related fitness.

Re: Kettlebell workout for golf? 1 year 9 months ago #34808

Karl,

Awesome! I'm currently research this and should have something here for you in a week.

Ideally, I want a three day program that also builds in mobility and flexibility.

Chris
www.30yardsin30days.net

Re: Kettlebell workout for golf? 1 year 9 months ago #34810

• Jim Pruitt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
I'll join in as well guys.

Jim

Let me say I'm interested in taking a look and comparing to what I'm doing right now for workouts and then let me evaluate.

Thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jim Pruitt.

Re: Kettlebell workout for golf? 1 year 9 months ago #34848

• Snakeshirt
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I could check this thing too, with pretty similar thoughts as Jim Pruitt has; currently working with this:
so perhaps I could try something else for a while :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds