Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Putter Loft

Putter Loft 2 years 5 months ago #32866

• Tyler
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone have very specific information in regards to dynamic loft or optimal impact loft of a putter and has anyone figured out the hit up or hit down on the ball for putting there are so many different schools of thought with this I just want science. My putting has reached a certainly level and I feel this is the next step to greater consistency. Thanks for the Help,

Tyler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Putter Loft 2 years 2 months ago #37488

Hi
If you are in to find out more you might would like to test SAM Putlab www.scienceandmotion.com/minicms/zeigsei...&node=11:101&lang=en
Try to find out whre the nearest to your location is. The SAM Putlab will give you very accurate feedback on your stroke.
Best regards,
Joachim

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #42727

• Dave
  • Fresh Boarder
After viewing my own slow motion videos using the iphone ap, iswing, i came to the conclusion what is best, is best to view your swing and ball movements at impact, and leave all the he said, they said in the hole. i've filmed a lot of putters with a few degrees of loft and they lift tthe ball and its airborn. Reason being, they make contact below the equator, depending on the length of the putt. Some want to backspin. Others at least fly stable, with no rotation untill it lands, hops, skips and finally rolls.

The one that rolls instantly is the putter with a radius face. They make impact at the center of the golf ball, or just above the ball's equator. It does not matter where the hands are to a degree. The radius is still the same. I make my own putters now, all with radius or neg. loft, and the pictures tell me I am on on a perfect roll. On a long 30 foot putt, it gets airborn, but it is rotating forward before it lands. This includes faces with out grooves of any kind. Trust your own images. It can be a real eye opener. Good rolls dont make putts, its the combination of all movements involved. Next, film over head to see what your intended line and stroke is doing. No sience here, robots dont putt like humans do!

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #42731

• Drew Art
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 624
Dave wrote:
After viewing my own slow motion videos ...

On a long 30 foot putt, it gets airborn, but it is rotating forward before it lands.

I'd like to see the film of the ball rotating with topspin before it his the ground, can you post it?

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #42734

• Dave
  • Fresh Boarder
As much as I would like to share, sorry but the clips show my proto type putter, which untill I get a patent pending status, I cant show them. Get the ap if you have iphone. It shows every aspect of your machanics at work. A 3 sec video, view frame by frame. draw lines, ect. Other smart phones, not sure what is avail. Radius face putters are not new, and not common to get at your local golf shop but they are out there, ebay maybe. I have several I bought years ago. Not a new concept, just one the big boys have ignored making. Liken to baseball, a home run needs to be hit at a point just below the equator for back spin. Round ball, round bat, right angle, hit just a bit below the equator, fast swing , and maybe bingo! Unlike baseball, a golf ball needs to be struck just above the equator for optimal forward roll. Lofted putters are designed to lift the ball, below the equator. It messes with my confidence regarless of how it feels to view a launched ball off the face.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dave. Reason: details for optimal ball flight left out

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #42792

• Drew Art
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 624
Dave wrote:
Liken to baseball, a home run needs to be hit at the equator of both. Round ball, round bat, right angle, bingo!

Bad analogy.

To max out range for a baseball, the ball will be undercut from its center with the bat on an upward angle of attack... because backspin creates additional lift which increases range.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #43000

• Dave
  • Fresh Boarder
image.jpg

This ghost shot shows the ball lofted with forward spin

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #43191

• Dave
  • Fresh Boarder
Short putts like this 8 footer rolls forward at impact, and doesnt get airborn.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dave. Reason: upload image

Re: Putter Loft 1 year 11 months ago #43392

In my previous post I recommended SAM Putt Lab. In this post I'm posting the results of my first SAM test. The "hole", it´s actually a target of the same size as a hole, was about 9-10 feet away. I holed all ten of the putts in this test, just to give some reference about what the diagrams show.
The reason for posting is to give you guys an idea of what information SAM Putt Lab provides.

SAM Test Protocol

I found Loren Roberts SAM results on 3Jacks blog so I'm putting that one up to.
Loren Roberts
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Joachim Yngvesson.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds