Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: High Spinning Shafts?

High Spinning Shafts? 3 years 4 months ago #14157

Anyone played with any of the "high" spin shafts out there, to help get more control around the greens? Any way to get the same result with any of the other shafts out there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: High Spinning Shafts? 3 years 1 month ago #16710

• UK Neil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
No, but recently heard about them, and will be experimenting when funds allow.

Re: High Spinning Shafts? 2 years 8 months ago #25668

Hi,

I'm currently using the True Temper DG Spinner shafts in my 53* (bent to 52*), 56* and 60* wedges. Since I use my 56* SW as the go to club for around the green I've noticed that I have to pay particular attention to not aim between the pin and the edge of the green (downward sloping) or I run the risk of spinning the ball into a bunker or water. Instead I'll aim about 10 feet beyond the pin and try to spin the ball back at the flag.

The TT DG Spinners only come in Wedge flex or Wedge+ flex, but when I had my wedges made I specified to reinforce the tips to make them play as stiff shafts. They actually feel like a cross between wedge flex and stiff now which doesn't have a "boardy" like feel at impact.

I've noticed on longer pitch shots between 95 to 110 yards my SW will produce a consistent side spin (if I dip my right shoulder down a bit on the follow through) towards the pin. A real benefit when tallying up the score card.

I personally think that they're worth the money (they're actually pretty cheap @ around $21.00 per shaft).
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by David Cloninger. Reason: content
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds