Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Putting

Threads and information related to improving your putting
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=75&Itemid=3"]Working the Circle[/url] Group Forum: My putting has always been the Achilles's heel of my golf game. I am not a bad putter, but I sometimes have nightmares about little downhill sliders. So in order to turn my weakness into strength I have decided to tackle this monster head on. My first goal is to try and sink 100 3' putts (thanks Mr. Burke). I started this last week and have only had two putting sessions so far. I pick a hole that has a slight slope on it, not completely flat, and then go. To my dismay, I have hit the 21 mark as my high in my first two (2 hr.) sessions. I really figured I would go out and get into a groove and least run in about 50, but it has been a struggle. I would like to know if anyone out there has conquered this demon and how long it took. I would like to compare myself to my peers to see if this is normal or if I am on the low end of the spectrum. Mr. Burke said he used to do 100 every evening. You have no idea how amazing this is until you try it.
1 Topics 18 Replies
Last Post: Putting the circle
by darryl tateishi
2 years 9 months ago
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=65&Itemid=3"]Belly Putting[/url] Group Forum: Belly Putting is said to be the best way to putt and makes one keep a true "Pendulum" motion keeping the triangle in tact.
1 Topics 16 Replies
Last Post: Belly Putting
by wheatshock
1 year 3 weeks ago
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=72&Itemid=3"]BLADE PUTTING[/url] Group Forum: Has anyone tried putting with an old blade putter? I have to admit I took Mr. Burke's advice and got me an old blade putter to hone my putting skills and was pleasantly surprised. I got an old 8813 blade with the original shaft, which is much skinnier than our shafts now and much lighter than my old putter. This putter has helped my putting tremendously. I figured I would have major problems getting my speed honed in, but just the opposite happened. My speed has been great. I have always used heavier putters to calm the hands down on those short ones, but I have never made more consistently good shortish putts than I have with this putter. When I first got the putter, I just couldn't believe how light the head and skinny the grip was, but I started working the circle. I spent @ 2 hrs. working 3' putts and the advantages this putter has given me is pretty awesome. On those little down hill sliders, you can literally hit it on the toe and kill the speed, and it opens the entire hole up for you. I know it sounded a little kooky when I first saw it on one of the vid.s, but what a little weapon this putter is turning out to be. If you've tried a blade recently and had any success or not, I would like to hear about it.
4 Topics 41 Replies
by David Cloninger
2 years 5 months ago
Reviews and Topics related to The Stroke of the Future featuring Steve Elkington and Craig Foster
10 Topics 111 Replies
by Bob
1 year 1 month ago
  • Page:

Topics in Category: Putting

11 Replies emo 1065 Views
0 Replies emo
Topic started 9 months 4 weeks ago by Bert McKeehen
10 Replies emo
Topic started 1 year 3 weeks ago by wheatshock
37 Replies emo
Topic started 1 year 5 months ago by Diz