Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Driver takeawy

Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28816

• John Lyons
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
G'Day Martin, been working on your technique at the range and got great results with 5 Iron, however Driver was inconsistent.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What I found in producing a powerful hit with 5 iron was when I initiated the lag, at the same time I instigated a slight tilt of the club head skyward with my trigger finger, this action seemed to get start of the hurl happening fluently producing a very powerful hit.

Found this difficult to replicate with driver consistently. Can you please advise how far would you recommend the driver be taken back before it is taken on its upward path to and does my raising of the club head make sense to you?
Thanks
J.L.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28865

• Martin Ayers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 455
John
Without seeing video and just from your description I think you should focus on the 'swing' of the club against this "slight tilt of the club head skyward with my trigger finger". I think that can be a very useful thought...it's an aiming device....but I would caution you to not be 'over-trying' to get the club to follow the track you want. Different length clubs will want to go on slightly different tracks, but you can use the same 'aiming' process.....

I would be happy to look at a video if you anted to send me one.
Cheers
Martin

Re: Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28867

• John Lyons
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Mate, where do I send the video?

This appears a little ambiguous and how do you ascertain this?

but I would caution you to not be 'over-trying' to get the club to follow the track you want. Different length clubs will want to go on slightly different tracks, but you can use the same 'aiming' process.....

BTW, when you get the club on the right track, the hurling feeling takes a lot of other variables out of the process. It really feels a most natural continuous and powerful motion.

Regards
J.L.

Re: Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28869

• Martin Ayers
  • Platinum Boarder
It has to be ambiguous for the very reason that I can't tell you where 'your' right track is. What I can do if I see your swing is tell you where you have imbalances and sequencing issues. Send it to my email.

But a further thought on your trigger finger deal. I think it works perfectly when the pressure tilting up from the trigger finger is working on a swinging club. When the trigger finger is THE thing swinging the club you would have nothing to hit it with and no 'hurl' feel.

Re: Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28870

• John Lyons
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Mate, I will be in touch.
Regards
J.L.

Re: Driver takeawy 2 years 9 months ago #28871

• Martin Ayers
  • Platinum Boarder
You're welcome J.L. Look forward to it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds