Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 2 days ago #18559

• Russ Alexander
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Holy chit.....i just said what it really feels like. Guess I got to hop a freight train to beaumont now. Things been going kinda of crappy for me lately so just your words alone have brightened my day . Thank you so much Lee you really do improve the lives of everyone that coes in contact with you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 2 days ago #18560

• Russ Alexander
  • Expert Boarder
The funniest thing is Lee described exactly what I feel but could put it in words that I could not......its close to the exact feeling I have .

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 2 days ago #18561

• jim ruhnke
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 121
Lee: Thanks for reposting your video. One thing I like about it and others is how unconsious you seem when taking your swing. It's obvious that you have done that thousands of times to get so confident in it. Do you ever play in any persimmon tournaments?

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 2 days ago #18564

• Henny Bogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Well, congrats to Russ. But I think I'll ask the judges to award ONE free lesson from Lee for my answer. ;)

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18572

• Russ Alexander
  • Expert Boarder
lol ill put a good word in for you

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18573

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
Henny Bogan wrote:
To make sure his right side turns instead of slides?

BTW which type of putter grip do you recommend Lee? Not how you hold the putter, but the actually style or type of GRIP you buy and install on the the shaft.

Thanks
a square grip is optimum the hands love flat surfaces.

watch this video of Mr. Stockton and wtch his right side NOTICE his right side lock on the forward press THE QUESTION IS WHY AND WHATS IT LOCKING FOR. If you get this I will give you free lessons for LIFE FROM ME.

Lee
[/quote]

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18574

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Henny Bogan wrote:
Well, congrats to Russ. But I think I'll ask the judges to award ONE free lesson from Lee for my answer. ;)

Henny you have 10 free ones for trying.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18575

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Russ Alexander wrote:
Holy chit.....i just said what it really feels like. Guess I got to hop a freight train to beaumont now. Things been going kinda of crappy for me lately so just your words alone have brightened my day . Thank you so much Lee you really do improve the lives of everyone that coes in contact with you

Russ you just made my week cause that is what I am trying to do. You have a choice everyday on how you can feel and i friggin refuse to have a bad day EVER no matter how bad things really are going does not mean I have to go with them in fact I CONTROL EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO ME AT ALL TIMES TRUST ME YOU CAN YOU JUST HAVE TO START DOING IT.

RUSS ILL BE HERE WHEN YOU ARE READY.

GREAT JOB NOW JUST LET THAT THOUGHT FLOW INTO EVERYTHING YOU DO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henny Bogan

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18576

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Russ Alexander wrote:
The funniest thing is Lee described exactly what I feel but could put it in words that I could not......its close to the exact feeling I have .

GERRY HOGAN DOES THIS A LOT WHEN HE TALKS TO PEOPLE HE TELLS THEM EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE FEELING. PEOPLE CANNOT BELIEVE IT WHEN HE DOES BUT HERE IS THE THING NEITHER GERRY OR I ARE SPECIAL WE JUST LIVE IN REALITY NOT PERCEPTION AND ONCE YOU STOP AND PAY ATTENTION VERY CLOSELY TO YOUR OWN BODY AND WHAT ITS DOING EXACTLY FIXNG OTHERS IS EASY. LEARN YOURSELF ONE PIECE AT A TIME. YOU WILL LOVE WHAT YOU FIND OUT ABOUT YOU.

ITS CALLED TALENT WE ALL HAVE IT YOU JUST REFUSE TO LOOK FOR IT. WELL NOT ANYMORE RIGHT RUSS.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18577

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Lee Comeaux wrote:
Henny Bogan wrote:
To make sure his right side turns instead of slides?

BTW which type of putter grip do you recommend Lee? Not how you hold the putter, but the actually style or type of GRIP you buy and install on the the shaft.

Thanks
a square grip is optimum the hands love flat surfaces.

watch this video of Mr. Stockton and wtch his right side NOTICE his right side lock on the forward press THE QUESTION IS WHY AND WHATS IT LOCKING FOR. If you get this I will give you free lessons for LIFE FROM ME.

Lee
[/quote]

THE ANSWER IS SO HIS RIGHT HAND PINKY CAN GET IN FRONT OF THE MASS OF THE PUTTER SO IT CAN TOTALLY CONTROL THE MASS THE WHOLE TIME IN THE MOTION SO HE ONLY MOVES THE PINKY IN THIS ENTIRE PROCESS AND WHEN THE THROUGH MOTION OF THE PUTTER HEAD PUSHES UP AGAINST THE GRIP HE FEELS IT THERE AND ACTUALLY THINKS ITS A SQUARE BACK OF HIS LEFT HAND BUT IN FACT ITS THE NON ROTATING WEIGHT OF THE HEAD THAT IS KEEPING HIS LEFT HAND SQUARE THATS WHY HE HAS THAT TINY TINY LOOP. HE IS NOT DRAGGING THE HANDLE HE IS JUST MOVING THE ANGLE IN A SINGLE PIECE AND THE LOW POINT OF THE MOTION IS THE RIGHT HAND PINKY WHICH IS THE ONE DIGIT IN THE HAND THAT HAS SUPER CONECTIVITY TO BE BRAIN FOR MOTION. SO IN OTHER WORDS THE BRAIN AND PINKY ARE ALWAYS IN SYNC NO MATTER WHAT WE ARE DOING OR THE TASK AT HAND. ALL ROTATION AND HINGE, SWING OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL WHAT YOUR EYES SEE BEGINS ENDS AND STARTS THERE.

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THAT FACT BUT YOU CAN DEAL WITH IT AND USE IT TO YOUR EXTREME BENEFIT....

LEE

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18581

• jim ruhnke
  • Expert Boarder
From a post by John Erickson:

The gear and swing need to be married together. Traditional courses should be played with traditional gear. The bunkering, approaches and green shapes are based upon 250 yard drives, not 350. The PGA Tour sets a bad example setting up courses that don't require accurate tee shots. So the younger players have no interest in learning to properly control the ball off the tee and modern golf instruction and their swings clearly reflect that.

Rory's US Open win this year was not played on a proper US Open set up. I saw him making birdies from the rough on several occasions. We used to have to wedge out of the rough and then pitch into the greens that were hard as concrete. The course looked like a typical week on the PGA Tour.

This same thought has been stated repeatedly by Bradley Hughes, Timothy Goynes and many other low handicap posters. I happen to agree with it most emphatically.

SO, DIRTERS.....When do we stop playing the manufacturers game and start playing "GOLF" again? A real movement could begin right here. I'd like to see another Snead, Hogan or Demaret but it will never happen if we continue to purchase products and equiptment which is murdering the game. Boycott the fancy clubs and return to the courses that are truly golf courses...not the drive and pitch crap you have been playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henny Bogan, Andy F

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18582

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
1972 Hogans are my weapons of choice right now in my bag. If you were to by clubs today BLADES Mizuno is the best out there for the average player but MIURA is the best in the land with SCRATCH GOLF second. Louisville Golf will make a wooden head to any Spec you want and get this THEY WILL ACTUALLY PUT GROVES IN THE FACE TO HELP YOU CONTROL IT. Now thats a neat CONCEPT something that helps us Play Better not LOOK better. The best DESIGN of a GOLF CLUB HEAD HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE AND NOBODY WILL IMPROVE IT. Just go find a set and start playing Golf again.

Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy F

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18585

• Russ Alexander
  • Expert Boarder
my brother said he wanted a set of mura irons for his b day . I had never heard of them so I said no problem thinking they might be 600 at the most. Whoops i asked him if he would settle on one of my kidneys if he ever needed it. They must be good they are like 12 hundo

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18586

• Brad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
A few weeks ago I challenged Mr. Maves to Persimmon, blades, and blade putter match. We played an older style course and had a friggin' great time. Not to much distance loss and it was a blast trying to shape shots to fit the holes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henny Bogan

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18588

• Andy F
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Brad wrote:
A few weeks ago I challenged Mr. Maves to Persimmon, blades, and blade putter match. We played an older style course and had a friggin' great time. Not to much distance loss and it was a blast trying to shape shots to fit the holes.

Brad, did you find any certain type of golf ball reacted better for you as you were hitting the persimmons?

Thx.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18589

• Henny Bogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
WooHOO!!! Jackpot! Winner Winner chicken dinner!

Lee Comeaux wrote:
Henny Bogan wrote:

Henny you have 10 free ones for trying.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18590

• Brad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
Not really Andy, the balls today are very good. I used Gamers, can't remember what MM used.

Andy F wrote:
Brad wrote:

Brad, did you find any certain type of golf ball reacted better for you as you were hitting the persimmons?

Thx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy F

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18593

• alan768
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Miura certainly has some fantastic looking/feeling heads, and I really wish I had grabbed some Scratch clubs before their popularity jumped. They're on the other side of the state from me, and I first head of them quite a while before Ryan Moore's involvement. Both too spendy for me, unfortunately.

Lee, if you have Scratch irons (or have been fitted or tried the online fitter), which sole grind is for you? I seem to test out (on their site) as a driver/slider grind, although I've never tried them.

I've had my Mizuno MP-33's in the bag since new in 2001(?) or so. I'm part of a not very small group who believes that's the sweetest head they ever stamped. I do enjoy the 29's also, definitely wouldn't mind snagging a set someday. My 33's are still in great shape; I've been meticulous about caring for them and none of the irons are browning out. That drives me crazy, just a personal thing.

I recently scored a set of Snake Eyes EV MB-1 irons in great shape, the only club Smith & Wesson ever forged. Pretty cool set, although my 33's walk all over them in terms of shot feel. Not even close. Honestly, few blades new or old feel as good (to me) as a well-struck MP-33. Mizuno quietly kept the irons in their catalog for quite a few years after they were discontinued so tournament players could continue using them.

We've got two pretty cool 2nd hand golf stores in town, and I swing through a couple times a month during lunch. One is at the range, so you can snag anything and give it a try. I try to find the wacky odd-job clubs that came out over the years and hit them for laughs. Orizaba Power Pod? LOL

I can't quite relate with you guys and the persimmon stuff. I started playing right as the first metal woods hit the market. The only wooden clubs I ever had were Ping Eye 2 laminates, mostly because I had the irons (still do somewhere). Pretty sure my first metal woods were Taylor Made Tour Burners, the ones with the dimples on the side of the head. Funny how that driver is the size of my Titleist 906f five wood! But it's been so long since I've hit a persimmon driver that I now want to give it a whirl. B)
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by alan768.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18597

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Brad wrote:

that game yall played was called golf instead of golfswing that is how its done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18598

• Lee Comeaux
  • Gold Boarder
Alan I would have them 10 degrees flat no offset and no bounce on them.

Lee

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18599

• alan768
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Lee Comeaux wrote:
Alan I would have them 10 degrees flat no offset and no bounce on them.

Lee

Thanks. I guess for $2500, you can have that! I guess my question was more towards their online wedge fitting tool. Ever try this and see what you get? www.scratchgolf.com/custom-fitting/online-fitting-tool/

My own guess is you'd spec out as the digger/driver grind, especially since the fairway conditions in TX must be pretty hard. Fairways are hard in west TN, that's for sure. No way possible to make divots like the Elk video (in Rock's thread) in my hometown. More like a little dust and few bermuda sprigs flying! The zero offset, I couldn't agree more with you. Offset clubs are hard for me to look at, actually confusing.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by alan768.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18601

• Gregg
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Lee

iam 6' 5" ,,, 10 dregrees flat ? i was told longer shafts and upright lie angle fits my hight better then standerd lenght and lie.
i hope this is not to far off point, its just that with standerd stuff i take a divot thats deeper out at the toe then the heel, and tens to twist the face open clock wise.
ps. do you have any opions on the 1958 sunburst's.
thanks,,,Gregg
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by Gregg.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18602

• Bradley Hughes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1409
I love my set of Scratch irons.... I have been lucky to know Ari and his staff for 5 years or more now and they are always out to please the customer.
The Scratch company have always been awesome to me. I actually designed this set myself at their factory. we sat their with a blob of steel and grinded it until I got the shape of the toe and head size how I wanted. I know most won't get the opportunity to do that unless you fork out the $$ but it is well worth it if you can do such a thing.
They are approx 5-6 flat lie angles.... very little bounce...no offset.... and reasonably heavy- D5 long irons through to E2 in the wedges as far as swingweights with tungsten down the hosel .... I now have lead tape on them also..
The pics are from when I first got them
Beautiful looking sticks and no-one to blame except myself seeing I designed them!!

scratchirons.JPG
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by Bradley Hughes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan768, Drew Art, jim ruhnke

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18609

• jim ruhnke
  • Expert Boarder
I have also been raging about modern golf courses. They suck for a particular reason which just happens to be related to "created beauty". Humans cannot improve on nature. Any landscape painting where the artist creates his own landscape ( as opposed to painting what he sees ) looks like crap. Same thing with a golf course. An course designer doesn't like that hill over there...so get out the bulldozers and move it over there. " We need some moguls" get the bulldozer again....and it looks like crap again. The best couses are pre-bulldozers. Augusta...look at how that course just naturally moves and turns with the landscape that was already there.

You know what these new courses remind me of if I were forced to make an analogy? Put a Hogan persimmon driver in your hands and look at it. Now put a 460cc metal monstrosity next to it. The Hogan is in perfect tune with nature. The 460cc is in perfect tune with a banjo.

Re: FREE BEER HERE and UNCOMPLICATED SWING DISCUSSIONS 3 years 1 day ago #18616

• jim ruhnke
  • Expert Boarder
I got this from one of them Hogan Secrets threads....I left out the explanation because it was a bit confusing.
HoganSecrets.JPG
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by jim ruhnke. Reason: would u believe I misspelled 'HOGAN" ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan768, Henny Bogan
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds