Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Two Guys in a Garage

Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27305

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 190
What do you guys think of this video... (found it when it came up after Tapio's video from his link on 'Ultimate' thread).

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27323

• Festus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 266
Good grief! :ohmy:

That sums it up for me Phily.

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27327

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha! :lol: ... I knew you wouldn't be able to resist Festus, I immediately thought of you when I saw it. ;)

(there is some interesting stuff in there though, that twirl might just be borrowed)

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27328

• kenan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
I really hope I never learn what the "trombone move" is. I played trombone in school. It is not an awesome instrument.

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27329

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
unless you go to prison and meet a guy named 'Rusty' you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27385

• kenan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
The two cubes image is interesting. Not a fan of the instruction style but just to see how the move is geometrically efficient in (sort of) 3D just goes to show how the physics of the swing can happen if we set up correctly and get out of the way.

I'm thinking of getting Martin's Most Powerful Move video in the next couple of months or so. Is Martin's "twirl" a conscious move? Elk told Jimmy Nissen that it's a conscious "hold" feeling. It's definitely interesting when I experiment with it in practice.

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27402

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
from everything I've read and seen of Martin's, Bradley's, others here, even John over on abs I don't think you could do better, instruction-wise, than to take advantage of what these guys have to offer. It's the real deal in my opinion and that's hard to find in golf instruction (unless watching Hank Haney on the golf channel is someones cup of tea).
while the amount of knowledge a person can gain just reading these forums is impressive I have been tempted more than once on some threads to post that old saying - "If you think education is expensive keep trying the alternative".

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27405

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
btw- interesting that you keyed in on that twirl. just wondering what you see in it that you instinctively would like to incorporate into your swing.

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27459

• kenan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Just thinking about the twirl now. Seems like a way to keep the energy from "splashing" out at transition. Like a bowl of water tilting back and forth, only the water in the bowl is energy in the swing, if you "twirl" the bowl a bit, you can keep more water/energy in the bowl/swing.

I play around with the twirl in practice sometimes. It's always a bit astonishing. Haven't figured out how to predict/aim it. I need to lay down a solid foundation before I put in Martin's Turbocharger. I'm a person who didn't understand how to execute a backswing until a week ago. A little slow on the uptake over here. . . .

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27488

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
uh... pretty much no point in adding to your last post other than to say you are indeed a fast learner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenan

Re: Two Guys in a Garage 2 years 9 months ago #27616

I think this is a great video. Is it me, or is this very much like the Mike Austin type swing?

Really clarifies the use of the hands and a great way to stay on plane. Gives a very connected, automatic type of feeling.

Thanks for sharing, this is superb instruction IMHO!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds