Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos

Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #32814

I was wondering if anyone knows of any instructional videos here demonstrating/teaching how to properly swing the club post impact (i.e. left). I have struggled with swinging too far out to the right after I hit the ball and painfully struggle with the blocks and flippy hooks - whichever piss poor timing I bring to the course that day. I guess it also doesn't help to have 175+ ball speed either. I realize that I get it a bit under on the way down but my "natural" swing is to swing it down the line and I am committing myself to change that this year.

i've been a long time studier of the golf swing like many and can't find a player who does this better than Hogan. Just my opinion, but that is his "secret to the swing." HIs ability to cover the ball and get the club exiting to the left post impact as well as he did sets him apart from everyone. Sure, he did a lot of other things well, but this IMO was the best part of his swing.

Any drills or information would be greatly appreciated!
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Chef Man.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33277

anyone?

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33278

• John Hue
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Chef, This Bradley Hughes video touches on the subject. From what I can see the move is more compatible with a double shift than single shift.

Bradley considers this aspect of the swing as really important. He demonstrates that a steep downswing path encourages pivot stall where the pivot stops and you have to thow the arms to save the shot. Therefore the shallow approach to the ball which is double shift enables you to control the club face through impact and beyond by the rotation of the body which is the move you describe. So without the arm rotation and double shift at transition I really cant see how you have a chance of getting the post impact look you are looking for. I hope this helps.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33279

• Timothy Goynes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 233
Check out the Bradley Hughes thread. He's all about going left after impact.

(John beat me to it!)
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Timothy Goynes.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33281

Thanks guys. As you can tell I find this part of the swing very important.

3 most important things in the golf swing IMO: 1) proper set up 2) tempo (smooth transition) 3) finish left

If you're doing those three things well it's going to be hard to get off.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33282

• John Hue
  • Junior Boarder
Chef, Going from single shift to double shift is a "BIG" awkward change. So think long and hard about it before you are consider doing it.That is if you are not double shift already. I am in the middle of the process right now and really you need outside expert help to do it. But the swing Paul Kopp describes in "The Sequence" is a double shift and would be a great place to start. I have noticed some differences in his swing and what Bradley describes in his video. Paul lines the shaft up with the base line after the double shift move ,with Bradley he wants the shaft pointing further away from you which is what Hogan did but his swing is on plane going through the ball and beyond and beyond the bit you are interested in is very important with Bradley.I have not had direct instruction from Bradley so I am in no position to tell you all the differences between what Paul Kopp demonstrates in the sequence and what Bradley teaches. But from what I can see in the Bradley and Hogan swing there seems some kind of resisting the release going on with the right arm and achieving this by turning the body through and keeping the upper arms tied to the pivot..
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by John Hue.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33284

• John Hue
  • Junior Boarder
Chef Man wrote:
Thanks guys. As you can tell I find this part of the swing very important.

3 most important things in the golf swing IMO: 1) proper set up 2) tempo (smooth transition) 3) finish left

If you're doing those three things well it's going to be hard to get off.

Chef, Err No. If you do all the things you mention but have lets say a big round house move or are way off plane going through the ball you are going to be way off. Being right coming into and through the ball is where it is at . If you are right there you can be funky everywhere else.

Re: Need Some Help Locating Relevant Videos 2 years 1 month ago #33355

ha. well if you have a pulse and can break 80 and not swing it like a meat butcher those three things are very important. look at any guy on tour. 95% of them have proper set ups and is a constant among players regardless of their swing. the set up is heavily focused on by all professional golfers. tempo and rhythm are the glue to any golf swing and when I say "finish left" that means on plane at the bottom of the swing which as you stated (and I believe firmly) is the very important. you can talk about pivots all you want but the knowledge I've gained being around countless numbers of great ball strikers all of them do the 3 things I listed. NONE of them set up improperly. NONE of them have violent transitions from the top of the swing to the start of the downswing and NONE of them come through the ball and finish out to the right (the opposite of finishing left).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds