Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Knudson and Ballard question.

Knudson and Ballard question. 2 years 5 months ago #29204

• Randy
  • Fresh Boarder
I know Ballard gets hammered a lot and as a 10 hdcp. player what I know is pretty slim but I have a question you may be able to answer. Ballard gets hammered for movement and Knudson is regarded as one of the three best ball strikers ever. To me the movement is the exact same thing except Ballard is big on the left arm connected on the peck. Is it a personality issue or what is more likely something I just don't see or understand. Thank you in advance and I always enjoys everyone's comments.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Randy. Reason: Spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Knudson and Ballard question. 2 years 5 months ago #29205

• Jerry Starks
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Randy, I thought Jimmy's getting 'hammered' days were long past but you make a good point. Personality was
always a factor. Jimmy liked being an outsider in his heyday. I think he's mellowed some since then. His demonstrations were always exaggerated too which caused more hammering than he truly deserved IMO.
Here's something extra for your trouble.......... see attached images. DTS

P.S. There's 'Connection' for ya!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Jerry Starks. Reason: Added content
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Virgo, Randy

Re: Knudson and Ballard question. 1 year 2 weeks ago #61477

• Arnsybill
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Jerry Starks wrote:
Randy, I thought Jimmy's getting 'hammered' days were long past but you make a good point. Personality was
always a factor. Jimmy liked being an outsider in his heyday. I think he's mellowed some since then. His demonstrations were always exaggerated too which caused more hammering than he truly deserved IMO.
Here's something extra for your trouble.......... see attached images. DTS

P.S. There's 'Connection' for ya!

I think these photos are awesome. Where in the world did you find them?

One of George's instructors from the 1980s... Norm Moote ... said on Gotham Golf Blog that Knudson really admired Ballard's ideas...

But in the discussion of Knudson-Ballard it is important to point out that George had his swing intact and won on the PGA Tour starting in 1961... long before, I'm sure, he worked with JB.

It's says here that JB probably learned as much from Knudson as Knudson learned for JB.

Cheers,
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Arnsybill.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds