Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

The Setup

Anything related to the hands or the way the body sets up for the golf swing
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=74&Itemid=3"]Naturally left handed but play Right handed[/url] Group Forum: I am naturally left handed and left footed with everything including sports.....but found golf too difficult left handed and have always played right handed. I sometimes wonder if this is a good or bad thing.....?

Would I hit the ball further left handed with my more powerful arm and side ? It has worked for other great players but would welcome the thoughts of others who are left handed but play right handed...and why do we find it so difficult to play with our natural left hand when right handed people never seem to have this issue....

Thanks
2 Topics 14 Replies
by Peter Gliddon
9 months 1 week ago
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=28&Itemid=3"]The Hands and Golf[/url] Group Forum: Behold perhaps the greatest pair of mitts to ever grab hold of a golf club. Look at the calluses and the dent in the left thumb pad. I think that we need to hear some talk about finger pressures and the hands. We hear about passive hands and educated hands and on an on but the one thing that I know is that they are your sole connection with the club. Lets try to make some sense of what Cotton and Vardon and Hogan and Mehlhorn and the rest had to say about the hands!
12 Topics 179 Replies
Last Post: The Vardon Grip
by Ian McNamara
9 months 1 week ago
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=30&Itemid=3"]Dynalign Dynamic Pre-Shot Alignment[/url] Group Forum: Dynalign is a dynamic approach to pre-shot alignment that can provide improved control over the ultimate issue in hitting any type of golf shot; clubface alignment at impact.

Dynamic pre-shot alignment provides for more accurate shotmaking by helping to synchronize hand, wrist, and forearm pronation and supination with clubface alignment to the target line.

Dynamic pre-shot alignment also can provide superior putting accuracy by minimizing undesirable potential motion from the golfer's hands and wrists that can cause the putter face to vary from the intended line. The path of the putter and alignment of the putter face throughout the stroke are improved and stabilized as a result of the Dynalign technique.
3 Topics 18 Replies
Last Post: Dynalign Full swing
by max
1 week 3 days ago
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=77&Itemid=3"]The Waggle[/url] Group Forum: Brandel Chamblee thinks there are a number of current players who don't use much if any waggle and he asked Tom Watson, "Is the waggle dead?". Tom Watson believes the waggle is alive and well, and pointed out that many great players have a distinctive waggle.

Remember what Mr. Hogan had to say about the waggle,"...many golfers have the mistaken idea that it doesn't really matter how you waggle the club. To put it another way, they think the only purpose in waggling is to loosen yourself up so that you won't be tense or rigid. There's a great deal more to the waggle than that. It is an extremely important part of shotmaking."

The waggle is a form of dynamic alignment and can really help with your final alignment before making a shot. If you haven't used a waggle much, next time you hit balls try making a mini swing with a purpose before you hit each shot. Don't just the club around, make it like a real swing. Each time you waggle be aware of how your body feels in relation to the clubface. Try to feel like everything is moving together.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out Mike Maves video about dynamic alignment.

Mike points out the limitation of relying too heavily on the traditional alignment guideline of square stance. Placing a shaft on the ground to align your feet is static alignment. Dynamic alignment involves feeling how your body and the club are going to function during the swing.

Just as static club fitting has been enhanced by dynamic club fitting, dynamic swing alignment should be used to improve static alignment for better shotmaking.
2 Topics 1 Replies
by Rio NZ
1 year 4 months ago
  • Page:

Topics in Category: The Setup

5 Replies emo 788 Views
0 Replies emo
Topic started 11 months 2 days ago by brendon aiberti
11 Replies emo
Topic started 2 years 6 months ago by Dan Lunn
0 Replies emo
Topic started 1 year 7 months ago by Pete_Backspin