Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos

Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 3 years 2 months ago #17153

• Dave Medlock
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have been watching the Trent Dilfer videos over and over and hope there are more to come. I wish there was more relative to the twirl discussed in these especially at impact and release as already these videos have served in short order to improve my ball striking. I've only seen the use of the legs being taught albeit by a noted senior amateur in the state and he says he got this with his association of some young swing gurus located in Fla. Uses the terms squash the can under the lt. foot and feeling like you're standing up through impact
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Dave Medlock.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joe

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 11 months ago #22548

• joe
  • Fresh Boarder
I also want to know about the twirl!!!! Any news on who the young pros are in Florida....That's where I am and maybe I can find out for us both!

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 11 months ago #22564

• Chris Graham
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Buy the down load, "The most powerful move in golf" it's all there.

I also like the video's with Trent, you almost feel part of the lesson, and the enthusiasm that Steve relay's is fantastic.

Keep them coming.
Cheers Chris

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 11 months ago #22581

^^^ i bought that video but i think this trent series explains the entire swing together much better, IMO. ELK nails it!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by charles r.

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 11 months ago #22603

• Dave Medlock
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
joe wrote:
I also want to know about the twirl!!!! Any news on who the young pros are in Florida....That's where I am and maybe I can find out for us both!

He talked about Mike Bender a great deal, but at the time was influenced by the stack and tilt thinking which was just getting momentum at the time. Ben Doyle in Oregon from which he had taken lessons had made an impression. He was well versed in the golf machine and through Mike Bender and Morad had developed a really fine swing. But like many of us he was still on a quest for more information.

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 11 months ago #22692

• Chris Donato
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I just want to say that those vidoes have been tremendous for me. I am a high-handicapper, but after my ball striking has improved tremendously. I have never once thought about my legs.

I have only implemented the first two steps in the sequence but it feels so good. I feel like I have a lot of power and love the feeling of being "on top" of the ball with the first step.

I am completely lost on the twirl and I have "the most powerful move" video but I don't think I was quite ready for it yet. As I get better with the first two moves of the sequence I think it will give me more confidence to work on the twirl.

Chris

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 9 months ago #26381

• Dave
  • Fresh Boarder
I think that this is a great site, I came across it after watching sevam1 on you tube.
These lessons with Trent and the female golfer are excellent. Living in England I have no idea who Trent Dilfer is but thats by the way.
The leg work instrustion is precise and easy to follow. I used to take the club away with my shoulders, now I take it away with the straightening of my right leg.
I have also learned the importance of keeping the right arm/ elbow tight against the right side of the body in the initial move from the top. This gives me so much power, I used to think about swinging down with my arms. This move is pure Hogan but the way that it is explained by Steve I can now understand it and do it.
I like previous contributers also don't understand the twirl, but at the moment I'm hitting the ball so well its not a concern.
In these lessons there is a lot to think about but I am very happy with what I have picked up so far mainly that the body and core are vital to the power in the golf swing. I'm a 6 handicap and I firmly believe that I can knock a couple of shots off as a result of this wonderful website.
Many thanks

Re: Steve Elkington and Trent Dilfer videos 2 years 3 months ago #36048

• Bill cole
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
yea i watched the videos with Trent as well, and the legs to me are just like Jimmy Ballard talks about. Its more of a slide than a turn. I also really think that the twirl is an anti hook move. When I am playing bad my bad shot is a hook, but when i do the twirl its like its impossible to hook the ball with that slighly open club face, plus it puts the club right on plane.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds