Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Reviews and Topics related to Tour Quality Short Game featuring Steve Elkington
  • Page:

TOPIC: To chip or to pitch from the rough

To chip or to pitch from the rough 2 years 4 months ago #33340

• Tyler
  • Fresh Boarder
Really enjoyed the back to basics simplicity of the video. Just wondering when in the rough, say 3 in rough, is it smarter to pitch or chip given the ball isnt completely buried and yet not resting on top of the grass..... information on any of the previously listed lies and best recovery options would be greatly appreciated.I seem to be in the habit of chipping from the rough as I would a tight lie like elk shows in the video and find myself getting tangled but then I consider pitching it and seem to get similar results. Note # the rough is so thick where I play
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: To chip or to pitch from the rough 1 year 4 months ago #56658

Hi Tyler
I would only trust chipping from a good lie!. Pitching would be more the way forward with the under hinge through impact, body n feet open, clubface open and playing a lofted club with confidence. Practice a bit more aggressively until you feel how hard you must swing through the rough. Oh ye ball position a bit forward (towards target) . If at first you dont get it learn what you can from the result. Change ball position keep the rest the same and see what the result like that is. Experiment to learn from results. Get into the mindset that you can learn from mistakes and soon bad shots aint so bad, but they are usefull learning tools.
Regards
Stephen

The video is so good i love it too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds