Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Reviews and Topics related to The Stroke of the Future featuring Steve Elkington and Craig Foster
  • Page:

TOPIC: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN

DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28609

Hey Guys,

Would love some feedback from Craig or Elk on this one. I attached a video, I hope it works, of me trying out the system. I bought the download last night and spent some time in the house practicing then took it outside today. It feels great, I think im doing it right but im having a couple issues getting setup.

1: I often feel like I end up having too much shaft lean.
2: Im having a hard time getting the left foot to come around when getting set up. I know its ok to be open but is it alright to just bring the left foot forward to get it closer to square?
3: Sometimes the club is still too closed...do I need more right sidebend or just shift the whole machine more clockwise?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28612

EDIT: Attachment didn't work so I uploaded to YouTube:

Re: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28624

• Craig Foster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Jon,
#1 Your stroke looks good. I think the shaft lean just looks to be too much to you because it is different than what you are probably used to. You do a little forward press before the stroke and that puts the shaft and arm in a good one piece configuration. I would recommend incorporating that forward press motion when you wind your arms and hands forward. We are trying to remove slack before aligning the putter on line. Please check out Elk's video about "The Illusion" Video Vault # 296 in regards to shaft lean.
secretinthedirt.com/index.php/the-vault/...llusionq-episode-296

#2 After the club is wound to your left and you approach the target line, you should rotate clockwise from the waist up as one piece against continued counter-clockwise pressure from your waist down. I don't see that so much in your video. In your address position I don't see much tautness between the upper and lower body. When your stance is open it is easier to maintain a bit of tautness between your waist up and waist down. You can have a square stance as long as you maintain the "taut" not "tight" relationship between waist up and waist down.

#3 If the club is still too closed try a bit more right sidebend in combination with the tautness between waist up and waist down.

Good start with the technique. Everyone takes to this a bit differently, so give it some time.

Thanks for the video.
Craig

Re: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28629

Craig,

Thanks for the insight. I will work on feeling more torque between the upper and the lower body. I found it hard to maintain that feel while walking into the ball. Is it ok to start the process just to the side of the ball or do you recommend the walk in?

Re: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28634

• Craig Foster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Jon,
Yes, you can start just to the side of the ball once you know what the torque feels like. In fact if I get over the ball and feel excess slack, I step left with my lead foot and wind forward with the arms again to remove slack. I will also redo the right side bend and forward hip thrust if necessary. Once I feel the torque, and that the slack is removed, that feeling is maintained as I get back into address.

Walking into the ball is how I would do it on the course after getting the read. While walking into address and focusing on the target line I am aware that the clubface will be pointed left and into the ground, and needs to be wound clockwise with right side bend and forward hip bump for final alignment.

You could also join my group, Dynamic Pre-Shot Alignment, to see more demo videos.

Best,
Craig

Re: DynAlign Stroke of the Future FIRST RUN 2 years 3 weeks ago #28824

• Donald R
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 78
Richie3Jack's Review
Overall positive review of DynAlign Stroke of the Future.
Gives kudos to Elk for his input and Terry Okura for video production.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds