Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=28&Itemid=3"]The Hands and Golf[/url] Group Forum: Behold perhaps the greatest pair of mitts to ever grab hold of a golf club. Look at the calluses and the dent in the left thumb pad. I think that we need to hear some talk about finger pressures and the hands. We hear about passive hands and educated hands and on an on but the one thing that I know is that they are your sole connection with the club. Lets try to make some sense of what Cotton and Vardon and Hogan and Mehlhorn and the rest had to say about the hands!
  • Page:

TOPIC: setting up at address in an impact body position

setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37163

hi all

im intrigued on peoples thoughts on setting up your address in an impact position ?

it seems a little strange that we set up at address in a position that is very different to impact ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37194

• Drew Art
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 624
John Schlee took the approach of trying to set up address in an impact postiion and he took it farther than anyone I can recall... in practice, it looks a little contrived the way he did it, frankly.

Perhaps because of the non-static dynamics within the swing, this idea to match impact at address usually doesn't match too well in practice anyway.

I suppose the concept also assumes that your end goal is IMPACT, and not driving through impact to a post impact intention.

Re: setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37196

• Grady Dickens
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 610
Drew,

I have always had a bit of a rocking forward with my lower body to start. I think that is along this same vein. It "tells" my body where it should go and even as I am drawn back to my right side I feel like I am going left...if that makes sense.

Re: setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37198

• Drew Art
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 624
Grady - Oh, my bad then. I see examples like the one you mention of dynamic address and pre-shot routines as generally helpful in setting the stage; rehearsing the motion or starting the motion, and these little routines seem purposeful and not contrived.

I assumed the original post was about some of the static things that can be built in at address in an attempt to mimic impact positions (like the idea in TGM of going to an "impact fix" static position in an attempt to replicate impact and there checking set alignments (in a static position) as a guidepost for how address set up will be at impact) ... or the way Schlee went about it in Maximum Golf...

Re: setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37203

• Lee Comeaux
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Stand tall with the left and lean left with rightside that's impact and go from there just don't shift weight move it around you. Easy I do it everyday.

Re: setting up at address in an impact body position 2 years 1 month ago #37342

• Doug Burke
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
Steve,
It is effective to trigger your swing by getting into an impact like position and then rebound off that to start your swing. This results in a very smooth takeaway which is key to have a very smooth swing to your finish position which for me with the club pointing at the target for a standard shot. It would be more difficult to address the ball from an impact position, but you could do it if you think it will work best for you. In your preshot routine, you could drag the sole along the ground from just outside your rear foot to just outside your lead foot and give yourself a nice feeling of getting through impact and then swing through to your finish position and then hit the shot. I have found that getting to my finish position is a common denominator on my best shots. In the preshot, you can give your body the feeling of what you want in the real swing which can help. Have fun and play around with some of your ideas and find out what works best for you. If you believe it works well for you, it most likely will work well.
Thanks,
Rock
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds