Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=60&Itemid=3"]Military Golfers[/url] Group Forum: Open to all Military Golfers. I'm partial to the Air Force having just retired after 20 years, but we need all the branches to be a successful team, so welcome each and every branch member past and present. Thanks for your service to our country. USA!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie

Newbie 4 years 6 months ago #2509

Just joined based on recommendation from a friend. Wife and I are retired Army and both golfers. Good to see this group. We have played a lot of different military courses and the ones in Hawaii are the best. We are going to San Diego in August on a mini-golf vacation. Plan on playing Sea 'n Air. Don't know whether to play it twice or try out Admiral Baker course or the one at Miramar. Any recommendations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Newbie 4 years 6 months ago #2514

I have played all the courses in the San Diego area and Admiral Baker and Miramar are both excellent courses. Miramar is next to the runways and there will be a lot of air action. Adm. Baker is quite wild and winds through the canyons with some holes going high on the rim and others down through the canyon. I always look forward to playing them. Should you get a chance to get near Oceanside, the course at Pendleton is also a very good course. Watch for rattlesnakes.

Re:Newbie 4 years 6 months ago #2516

Thanks a lot. This helps. Will probably play Sea n Air then Admiral Baker the next day. I hope tee times are not too difficult to get. Can start trying till a week prior.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds