Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=78&Itemid=3"]Brain Science and Golf Performance[/url] Group Forum: Kicking golf teachers up a notch with $100 billion dollars of research and NEW knowledge 1990-2010 about how the human brain and body actually work for the action in playing golf -- sit this one out if you don't really care about improving the status quo.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pro Mental Coach: Is it worth it?

Pro Mental Coach: Is it worth it? 2 years 1 month ago #26997

• Drew
  • Fresh Boarder
One of my weaknesses is my mental game. A lot of the time I get in my own way, and either get frustrated early in the round and mail it in, or screw up a good round halfway through. The idea behind Pro Mental Coach sounds good to me, although it could also be a bunch of bs. (If anybody hasn't heard about it, it's a software program that is supposed to diagnose your mental weaknesses and then help you strengthen them through different mental exercises. The link is [url=http://] www.promentalcoach.com[/url].)

The reviews that I've seen seem to be positive, but I haven't seen enough independent reviews to justify the cost. Has anybody here tried pro mental coach or know of somebody that has?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pro Mental Coach: Is it worth it? 2 years 1 month ago #26998

• phily
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
don't know anything about the program but your desire to learn more about yourself and take control is very worthy and WILL pay off in the long run.

having said that, I would be cautious about filling out any personality / aptitude / iq etc tests online, one especially that asks you to agree to legal terms first. the information you supply will only be used to someone else's advantage - period, and be shared forever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1lovegolf24

Re: Pro Mental Coach: Is it worth it? 2 years 1 month ago #27000

• kenan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 126
A mental coach is going to give you strategies to help you overcome the stress involved with performance.

You can either pay them to give you strategies they think will work for you or you can research your tail off to learn as much as possible about the mental game and be your own coach.

One option is faster than the other but if you learn enough to coach yourself and others you'll never need to hire a mental coach again. It's up to you to figure out what you want to do. Whatever you decide will help you as long as you keep trying to get better. Don't give up.

Re: Pro Mental Coach: Is it worth it? 2 years 1 month ago #27210

• Drew Art
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 617
Drew,

Start with Rotella. You are too score focused. Create some other games where you become shot focus, not score focused.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds