Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
[url="index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=95&Itemid=3"]Hogan Precision irons by Slazenger[/url] Group Forum: Need some intel on these irons. I've searched high and low on the interwebs. What's their story? These are in pristine condition. They still have the red leather grips with the gold Slazenger logo on them. I have 2 - the Exploder wedge. Full set? Any help on the history of Slazenger and Hogan would be great!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slazenger hogan precision

Slazenger hogan precision 2 years 8 months ago #20256

Slazenger was the hired by Hogan to make clubs for Europe. These were made in approximately 1955, they are slightly different than the American model
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 5 months ago #47595

Hi ,

It is very rare but I have the SW that goes with that set of Slazenger Precision Hogan Irons. Let me know if you are interested in it ? Can send picture if you provide email

thanks

Clubscout

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 5 months ago #48745

Hi Clubscout

I have Slazenger Ben Hogan Precision 2-9 Irons and am interested in your SW (assume it is stamped Exploder ?)

Do you have pics ?

Best regards
Blade

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 5 months ago #48812

Blade,

Here are pictures of the Sand Wedge as requested. It reads "SAND IRON" on the sole not 'Exploder" - I believe this would have been sold in the UK market in 1955. Original Shaft, Shaft band, and leather grip are intact and in excellent condition. Overall condition of the club head about 8.5 - 9 /10 reservedly....does not seem as though it was played much. Let me know if you are still interested

thx,
Clubscout
Attachments:

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 4 months ago #49992

Thanks - how much were you looking for ?

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56410

Hello Geoff,

If you are still interested in the Sand Iron. Id' take $50 plus shipping.

thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Gianni Meogrossi.

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56414

If Geoff B is not interested I am. I am not sure if you would consider trades. Thanks.

Mike Mac

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56458

Hi Mike,

If I dont hear anything before Wed. noon ( Toronto, Ontario ) time the club is yours. I am accepting only PAYPAL at this time. Please let me know if that works as it will go up on Ebay after that. In the meantime send me your shipping info by email to this addy gsmeogrossi at rogers.com ( replace "at" with @ and no spaces btw words ) and I'll see about a shipping costs

thanks

Gianni
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Gianni Meogrossi.

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56504

• Phil Dowell
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
....Regarding the sand iron, I'd be interested to know if there is a three digit number on the ferrule and what it is....Would you mind sharing?
Thanks in advance.
Phil

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56512

Hi Phil,

There is no serial number on the ferrule - which is original. I don't believe Sand Irons at the time would have had one as they typically were not sold with the set.

Thanks,

Gianni

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #56526

• Phil Dowell
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the reply. I have the later model sunbursts. I've got them from different people, here in the uk. All have the same 3 digit code so I'm more inclined to think it's a country/model/year type code rather than a serial numbered set. The last club I got was an exploder wedge. Same ferrule, matching coloured rings and number. Although you have precision's, I was trying to see if the numbers had any pattern to them.
Regards.
Phil.

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #57006

Michael,
Are you interested in buying ? Please let me know as it will go up on ebay next week.
thanks

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #57040

I am going to pass. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Mike Mac

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #57291

I just stumbled across this thread. I was with my father at the PX at Frankfurt AFB in Germany in 1957 when he bought a set of irons. With the set he purchased a Ben Hogan Slazenger Sand Iron with the word Exploder on the sole. I still have the club in my garage. If anyone is interested in purchasing it, I can take some highly detailed closeup shots of it when I get home this evening. The club got a lot of use over the years but the word Exploder is still clearly visible.

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #57297

Just got home and took some shots. The three digit number on the ferule is 302.

See attached images.
Attachments:

Re: Slazenger hogan precision 1 year 1 month ago #57313

• Rio NZ
  • Expert Boarder
Awesome club.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds