- About me
- I have made my living as a writer. After co-authoring "Texas Sports Trivia" (published October 2010), I am at working to find a publisher for my second book.
- Home Course
- Alamo City Golf Trail, San Antonio, Texas
- About My Game
- I try to play every other week, hit balls at the range the weeks I don't play and work on my short game every week. I love writing about golf, talking about golf, watching golf, playing golf!
- I Need To Work On
- Finding partners with the abilities, sense of adventure and knowledge of the rules that I appreciate. In other words, let's tee it up, ditch the cart and save the booze until the 19th hole!
- What's In My Bag
- I chose a set of Hogan PCs over Wilson Tour Blades for $340 some 25 years ago. I recently found that line of Wilsons for $40, used, in nice condition, so I hit those now. Titleist 975L-FE, Adams 3M.
- Best Score
- Best Shot
- Way too many to list. Haaaaaah! But that 190-yard 4-iron into No. 13 at Stevens Park in Dallas around Christmas 2011 wasn't bad. The 15-foot putt I had left would have been my second-straight birdie.
- Favorite Player
- Tom Watson
- Favorite Tournament
- Not the Masters. How about the Alamo City Golf Trail Players' Club Championship?
- Favorite Golf Books
Down The Fairway, by Robert Jones and O.B. Keeler
Harvey Penick's Little Red Book, by Harvey Penick with Bud Shrake
Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf, by Ben Hogan with Herbert Warren Wind
- Ideal Foursome
- Me and three no-shows (unless the people I am paired with are really out there to play golf and not just out riding a cart and drinking a beer in between swings). Often, I play golf like George Thorogood drinks: Alone.
Best quote from the Ryder Cup?: "All men die, but not all men live." -- Jose Maria Olazabal
- 8 months ago
- Member since
- Tuesday, 07 September 2010 01:10
- Last online
- 3 weeks ago
- Profile views
- 3,623 views
- Profile Type